Reinventing Geospatial is working with the U.S. Army’s Corps of Engineers (USACE) Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) conducting geospatial and temporal Research and Development (R&D) focused on multidisciplinary geospatial and temporal topics, such as:
- Algorithms optimized for CPUs and GPUs
- Anomaly Detection
- Geospatial Interoperability, to include, web service interfaces and standard file based exchanges, such as GeoPackage
- Link Analysis
- Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Open Source Intelligence
- Stream Processing
- Unstructured/Semi-Structured Data Storage and Analysis
Our R&D teams generally focus on Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) 1 – 5 with demonstrations built using the Army’s Programs of Record (TRLs 6 & 7).
Research and Development Examples
Reinventing Geospatial designed, developed, and open sourced an extension to the Open Geospatial Consortiums’ (OGC’s) GeoPackage specification allowing for the storage of network data. This extension to GeoPackage allows the development of routing algorithms, such as how to get from Point A to Point B on foot, using non-proprietary formatted data.